new troupe!
A Tribute to Koharu

Since i came back from Singapore, Koharu stopped making his bubble nests which he was so fond of making before I left. Then on Tuesday last week, I found him leaning on one side and swimming frantically from the top and the bottom of the tank.. .... he was still eating and trying to eat, until monday night, when he just gave up and sank to the bottom of the tank and laid on his side. and death came quickly after.
I have No Idea why Koharu died.... we reckon that it might be the change in temperature (cause there has been about a 4degree drop) and its gotten slightly more chilly at nights. apparently, fighting fish need a temp of like 29degs!
I was quite sad and perturbed about his death, because i really liked him! i'd feed him every morning when i got up, and at night before i slept....
anyway, today, after Mitsuru's baptism classes at church, we went to a big petshop nearby, petted a horse called 'Status' (yeah.. wat a name) and I decided to challenge myself and keep GUPPIES! Apparently, this transitional season between summer and autumn is the BEST season for guppy breeding, so they had a sale (3 pairs of guppies for about 600yen) so i now have 6 guppies swimming around a tank.
I had wanted to keep the guppies in Koharu's old tank, but then I realised that it was too small for all 6 to fit comfortably in, and got a larger tank, and (Because Guppies need their water aerated) a small in-tank water filter as well.
silly me - i left the cover of the tank off... and within 5hrs of bringing them home, i found one of the pregnant-looking female guppies on the floor of my bedroom!!! I have no idea how long she was there but i only realised there was a fish on the floor when i Stepped On It. i didn't put all my weight on her, it was more of a horizontal movement ... and she was a little bit injured i think, cause there was a trail of scales on the floor! anyway, i scooped her into the net and put her back in the tank. she was super disoriented for the first couple of minutes (which probably happens when you have been deprived of air to the point of near-death, and then descaled by someone's foot) ... but she looks okay now.
more reports (and maybe, pictures) on the new troupe soon.
wish me luck, guys!
Since i came back from Singapore, Koharu stopped making his bubble nests which he was so fond of making before I left. Then on Tuesday last week, I found him leaning on one side and swimming frantically from the top and the bottom of the tank.. .... he was still eating and trying to eat, until monday night, when he just gave up and sank to the bottom of the tank and laid on his side. and death came quickly after.
I have No Idea why Koharu died.... we reckon that it might be the change in temperature (cause there has been about a 4degree drop) and its gotten slightly more chilly at nights. apparently, fighting fish need a temp of like 29degs!
I was quite sad and perturbed about his death, because i really liked him! i'd feed him every morning when i got up, and at night before i slept....
anyway, today, after Mitsuru's baptism classes at church, we went to a big petshop nearby, petted a horse called 'Status' (yeah.. wat a name) and I decided to challenge myself and keep GUPPIES! Apparently, this transitional season between summer and autumn is the BEST season for guppy breeding, so they had a sale (3 pairs of guppies for about 600yen) so i now have 6 guppies swimming around a tank.
I had wanted to keep the guppies in Koharu's old tank, but then I realised that it was too small for all 6 to fit comfortably in, and got a larger tank, and (Because Guppies need their water aerated) a small in-tank water filter as well.
silly me - i left the cover of the tank off... and within 5hrs of bringing them home, i found one of the pregnant-looking female guppies on the floor of my bedroom!!! I have no idea how long she was there but i only realised there was a fish on the floor when i Stepped On It. i didn't put all my weight on her, it was more of a horizontal movement ... and she was a little bit injured i think, cause there was a trail of scales on the floor! anyway, i scooped her into the net and put her back in the tank. she was super disoriented for the first couple of minutes (which probably happens when you have been deprived of air to the point of near-death, and then descaled by someone's foot) ... but she looks okay now.
more reports (and maybe, pictures) on the new troupe soon.
wish me luck, guys!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home