2008 Japanese Language Proficiency Test
I've been super nervous since the middle of last week because I was expecting the results of my JLPT (Jap Lang Proficiency Test) to arrive in the mail. Mitsuru said it would probably arrive last thursday or friday, and I couldn't get his statement out of my head, resulting in an even more agonizing wait over this weekend when the results didn't arrive as he presumed they would....
and today, monday, i was just as fidgety, going into forums, and checking blogs to see if others had gotten their results.... and finally, I arrived home at about 8pm to THE RESULTS.
I thought that if you passed, they'd give you the results in a bigger envelope, so when i saw the pathetic puny rectangular slip in my mail box, i was like... "greeeat. so i failed".. and was wondering what i should do next as i was opening the slip.
so it came as a shock when i saw the words '合格' which means 'PASS' on the slip!! had to read and reread it again to confirm it!!
I didn't study for the test, though i spent a considerable sum of money buying practice books, and past year exam papers, so passing the Level 1 exam really seemed like a miracle to me.
you need above 70% on a REALLY difficult test to pass (even the japanese themselves find the grammar component difficult as they dont' use those grammatical forms in daily life). The test was divided into 3 components and here are my scores
Writing/Vocabulary 73/100
Listening 93/100
Reading/Grammar 128/200
As you can tell, my reading/grammar was the PITS - like only 64%. so i was really really lucky to have my listening pull me up a bit.... passed by a hair's breath!
YIPeeEEE! This is this month's Happy Event!! YippeeeEEeee!
For those uninitiated to the JLPTs, level 1 is the most 'advanced' level and is required for employment in japan
and today, monday, i was just as fidgety, going into forums, and checking blogs to see if others had gotten their results.... and finally, I arrived home at about 8pm to THE RESULTS.
I thought that if you passed, they'd give you the results in a bigger envelope, so when i saw the pathetic puny rectangular slip in my mail box, i was like... "greeeat. so i failed".. and was wondering what i should do next as i was opening the slip.
so it came as a shock when i saw the words '合格' which means 'PASS' on the slip!! had to read and reread it again to confirm it!!
I didn't study for the test, though i spent a considerable sum of money buying practice books, and past year exam papers, so passing the Level 1 exam really seemed like a miracle to me.
you need above 70% on a REALLY difficult test to pass (even the japanese themselves find the grammar component difficult as they dont' use those grammatical forms in daily life). The test was divided into 3 components and here are my scores
Writing/Vocabulary 73/100
Listening 93/100
Reading/Grammar 128/200
As you can tell, my reading/grammar was the PITS - like only 64%. so i was really really lucky to have my listening pull me up a bit.... passed by a hair's breath!
YIPeeEEE! This is this month's Happy Event!! YippeeeEEeee!
For those uninitiated to the JLPTs, level 1 is the most 'advanced' level and is required for employment in japan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home