amazing grace
i want to give thanks:
despite the feeling that my life has ground to a halt because of waiting for the jap scholarship results, i'm having the best time of my life. i feel like i'm really moving and making a difference - for the first time in my teaching career. its like u finally catch the heart of the profession... and that fulfilment gives you a new energy. its indescribable
i started this year with Nothing ... no major responsibilities ... no important tasks (teachers, you'll know what i'm talkin about - if you have nothing on your plate its a baaad thing) and I don't quite know why, but things just 'appeared' without me asking. and the most amazing part of this is that the things that i have to do now and completely related to students.... nothing about event management, being a chairperson, liaison with external companies etc! and i am blown away by this gift of grace - i'm loving every moment of this year (well... Most Moments la. haha) and let me say again - I AM BLOWN AWAY.
You know when i first started out teaching, I wrote this verse out on paper and laminated it. last year i was thinking that this completely did not apply - until i saw the results. this year ... well. i'll just be enjoying every minute that i have and take whatever life gives me and the students around me.
"I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses . .. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful in whereever you go."
Joshua 1 - 9
this is my song for the moment.
http://andalusian.multiply.com/music/item/3
Who Am I - Casting Crowns
who am I
that the Lord of all the earth
would care to know my name
would care to feel my hurt
who am I
that the bright and morning star
would choose to light the way
for my ever wandering heart
chorus:
not because of who I am
but because of what You've done
not because of what I've done
but because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
here today and gone tomorrow
a wave tossed in the ocean
a vapour in the wind
still You
hear me when I'm calling
Lord You catch me when I'm falling
and You've told me who I am
i am Yours
who am I
that the eyes that see my sin
would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
who am I
that the voice that calms the sea
would call out through the rain
and calm the storm in me
(Repeat Chorus)
Bridge:
whom shall i fear?
whom shall i fear?
i am Yours
despite the feeling that my life has ground to a halt because of waiting for the jap scholarship results, i'm having the best time of my life. i feel like i'm really moving and making a difference - for the first time in my teaching career. its like u finally catch the heart of the profession... and that fulfilment gives you a new energy. its indescribable
i started this year with Nothing ... no major responsibilities ... no important tasks (teachers, you'll know what i'm talkin about - if you have nothing on your plate its a baaad thing) and I don't quite know why, but things just 'appeared' without me asking. and the most amazing part of this is that the things that i have to do now and completely related to students.... nothing about event management, being a chairperson, liaison with external companies etc! and i am blown away by this gift of grace - i'm loving every moment of this year (well... Most Moments la. haha) and let me say again - I AM BLOWN AWAY.
You know when i first started out teaching, I wrote this verse out on paper and laminated it. last year i was thinking that this completely did not apply - until i saw the results. this year ... well. i'll just be enjoying every minute that i have and take whatever life gives me and the students around me.
"I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses . .. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful in whereever you go."
Joshua 1 - 9
this is my song for the moment.
http://andalusian.multiply.com/music/item/3
Who Am I - Casting Crowns
who am I
that the Lord of all the earth
would care to know my name
would care to feel my hurt
who am I
that the bright and morning star
would choose to light the way
for my ever wandering heart
chorus:
not because of who I am
but because of what You've done
not because of what I've done
but because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
here today and gone tomorrow
a wave tossed in the ocean
a vapour in the wind
still You
hear me when I'm calling
Lord You catch me when I'm falling
and You've told me who I am
i am Yours
who am I
that the eyes that see my sin
would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
who am I
that the voice that calms the sea
would call out through the rain
and calm the storm in me
(Repeat Chorus)
Bridge:
whom shall i fear?
whom shall i fear?
i am Yours

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home