the Season of 'Pride'
well after my foray into the 'real' world on saturday, all i wanted to retreat and slack around doing nothing in my room on sunday. ended up spending... about 10hrs watching 11 episodes of this japanese mini-drama series (it had english subtitles, thankfully!) called, 'Pride'. It revolves around the lives of a group of boy-men ice hockey players whose captain, 'Halu' falls in love with a ''girl from the last century'', 'Aki', who happens to be waiting for her boyfriend, 'Natsu' to come back from overseas.
generally cheesy storyline, bad lyrics ("i was born to love you with every single beat of my heart, every single day of my life.. blahblahblah"), and a slight lack of imagination (names of rival hockey team are 'blue scorpion' and 'green monster' respectively) i did come away after 10hrs with some learning! I learnt the names of 3 out of the 4 Seasons in Japanese!
In this show, the girl is called Aki = Autumm, the handsome hockey captain bf Haru = Spring, sauve architect ex bf Natsu = Summer!
how cool (rather, cheesy!) it was that the lead characters were named after the seasons in the year! and oh. it tied in so well to the tragic love story (just like autumn and spring will never meet, Aki and Haru can never be related to each other because Summer comes in between!!!!) *BOING!*
I was wondering when if there'd be another girl called Huyu = winter, to complete / complicate the story.
generally cheesy storyline, bad lyrics ("i was born to love you with every single beat of my heart, every single day of my life.. blahblahblah"), and a slight lack of imagination (names of rival hockey team are 'blue scorpion' and 'green monster' respectively) i did come away after 10hrs with some learning! I learnt the names of 3 out of the 4 Seasons in Japanese!
In this show, the girl is called Aki = Autumm, the handsome hockey captain bf Haru = Spring, sauve architect ex bf Natsu = Summer!
how cool (rather, cheesy!) it was that the lead characters were named after the seasons in the year! and oh. it tied in so well to the tragic love story (just like autumn and spring will never meet, Aki and Haru can never be related to each other because Summer comes in between!!!!) *BOING!*
I was wondering when if there'd be another girl called Huyu = winter, to complete / complicate the story.

3 Comments:
sounds very complication this seasoning thing...
should it be just pepper and salt?
By
D, at Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Anata wa oki na kuroi ushi desu!
!!!!!
By
Yann, at Tuesday, August 15, 2006
MISS CHUA!
rachel from 04a02 here. As I was telling mr koh, I just want to post my thanks for teaching me lit, esp in your selection of poems for pc. I chose a lit module in USP, and am studying irony. I keep seeing familiar poems in my readings, and that's a comfort. Feeling nostalgic now man.
God bless!
p.s I think I glimsped a phrase in one of yr posts just now, smth about feeling stupid. I can so empathise man. Everyone in usp is freaking intellectual.
By
rpd, at Thursday, August 17, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home